FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT (FOIA)
FOIA OFFICER FOR THE TREASURER'S OFFICE:
Kevin E. Kunkle
Office Location: 120 N. Fourth Street, P.O. Box 235, Hennepin, Illinois 61327
Number of employees: Full-Time: 2 Part-Time: 0
Records available through a FOIA request of the Treasurer's Office: Tax records, income records & expense records, & budget records
The Freedom of Information Act is a State Statute that provides the public the right to access government documents and records
How to File a Freedom of Information Act Request With the Putnam County Supervisor of Assessment’s Office
The following are instructions on how to file a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request with the Office of the Putnam County Treasurer:
- Please make your request in writing. The Office of the Putnam County Treasurer does not require the completion of a standard form for this purpose. You may submit your written request by mail, fax, or e-mail. Please direct your request to:
FOIA OFFICER – Kevin E. Kunkel
Office of the Putnam County Treasurer
120 N. Fourth Street
P.O. Box 235
Hennepin, IL 61327
Fax: (815) 925-9275
- Please be as specific as possible when describing the records you are seeking. Remember, the Freedom of Information Act is designed to allow you to inspect or receive copies of records. It is not designed to require a public body to answer questions. To the extent that you wish to ask questions of the Putnam County Treasurer, please call (815) 925-7238 during regular business hours of 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., Monday through Friday.
- Please tell us whether you would like copies of the requested records, or whether you wish to examine the records in person. You have the right to either option.
- There is no fee for up to 50 pages of standard paper copies. For pages beyond 50, there is a $0.15- cent-per-page charge.
- You are permitted to ask for a waiver of copying fees. To do so, please include the following statement (or a similar statement) in your written FOIA request: “I request a waiver of all fees associated with this request.” In addition, you must include a specific explanation as to why your request for information is in the public interest – not simply your personal interest – and merits a fee waiver.
- Please include your name, preferred telephone number(s), mailing address, and, if you wish, your electronic mail address.
Chief Deputy County Treasurer