FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT (FOIA)
FOIA OFFICER FOR THE SHERIFF’S OFFICE:
LYNN A. HAAGE
|Mission of the Sheriff’s Office:
||The mission of the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office is to enhance the quality of life in our county by maintaining the public trust, providing protection, and utilizing our skills and integrity to all we serve.|
||120 N. Fourth Street, P.O. Box 177, Hennepin, Illinois 61327
|Fiscal Budget for this Office:||$994,165.00|
|Number of employees:||Full-Time: 13 Part-Time: 3|
Records available through a FOIA request of the Sheriff’s Office:
Active Warrants, Closed Criminal Case Files, Incident/Arrest/Accident/Prisoner Information and/or Reports After Final Determination Not To Pursue Has Been Made, and Administrative Documents.
The Freedom of Information Act is a State Statute
that provides the public the right to
access government documents and records
How to File a Freedom of Information Act Request
With the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office
The following are instructions on how to file a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request with the Office of the Putnam County Sheriff:
- Please make your request in writing. The Office of the Putnam County Sheriff does not require the completion of a standard form for this purpose. You may submit your written request by mail, fax, or e-mail. Please direct your request to:
FOIA OFFICER – Lynn A. Haage
Office of the Putnam County Sheriff
120 N. Fourth Street
P.O. Box 177Hennepin, IL 61327
Fax: (815) 925-9266
- Please be as specific as possible when describing the records you are seeking. Remember, the Freedom of Information Act is designed to allow you to inspect or receive copies of records. It is not designed to require a public body to answer questions. To the extent that you wish to ask questions of the Putnam County Sheriff, please call (815) 925-7084 during regular business hours of 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., Monday through Friday.
- Please tell us whether you would like copies of the requested records, or whether you wish to examine the records in person. You have the right to either option.
- There is no fee for up to 50 pages of standard paper copies. For pages beyond 50, there is a $0.15- cent-per-page charge. Pursuant to 625 ILCS/5-11-416, there will be a $5.00 charge per report.
- You are permitted to ask for a waiver of copying fees. To do so, please include the following statement (or a similar statement) in your written FOIA request: “I request a waiver of all fees associated with this request.” In addition, you must include a specific explanation as to why your request for information is in the public interest – not simply your personal interest – and merits a fee waiver.
- Please include your name, preferred telephone number(s), mailing address, and, if you wish, your electronic mail address.
- Sample request forms available upon request.