FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT (FOIA)
FOIA OFFICER FOR THE SUPERVISOR OF ASSESSMENT’S OFFICE:
MISSION OF THE SUPERVISOR OF ASSESSMENT’S Office:
The mission of the Supervisor of Assessment’s office is to seek equity and fairness for tax purposes within the county.
Office Location: 120 N. Fourth Street, P.O. Box 242, Hennepin, Illinois 61327
Fiscal Budget for this Office: The budget for the 2012 fiscal year is 92,633
Number of employees: Full-Time: 1 Part-Time: 0
Records available through a FOIA request of the Supervisor of Assessment’s Office:
Property record cards, assessment data and taxes for properties located in the county of Putnam.
The Freedom of Information Act is a State Statute that provides the
public the right to access government documents and records
How to File a Freedom of Information Act Request With
the Putnam County Supervisor of Assessment’s Office
The following are instructions on how to file a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request with the Office of the Putnam County Supervisor of Assessments:
- Please make your request in writing. The Office of the Putnam County Supervisor of Assessments does not require the completion of a standard form for this purpose. You may submit your written request by mail, fax, or e-mail. Please direct your request to:
FOIA OFFICER – Tamara Mehalic
Office of the Putnam County Supervisor or Assessments
120 N. Fourth Street
P.O. Box 242
Hennepin, IL 61327
Fax: (815) 925-7549
- Please be as specific as possible when describing the records you are seeking. Remember, the Freedom of Information Act is designed to allow you to inspect or receive copies of records. It is not designed to require a public body to answer questions. To the extent that you wish to ask questions of the Putnam County Supervisor of Assessments, please call (815) 925-7238 during regular business hours of 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., Monday through Friday.
- Please tell us whether you would like copies of the requested records, or whether you wish to examine the records in person. You have the right to either option.
- There is no fee for up to 50 pages of standard paper copies. For pages beyond 50, there is a $0.15- cent-per-page charge.
- You are permitted to ask for a waiver of copying fees. To do so, please include the following statement (or a similar statement) in your written FOIA request: “I request a waiver of all fees associated with this request.” In addition, you must include a specific explanation as to why your request for information is in the public interest – not simply your personal interest – and merits a fee waiver.
- Please include your name, preferred telephone number(s), mailing address, and, if you wish, your electronic mail address.